



Erica and I decided to spend a week of vacation in Portland, something we have never done.
Thanks to Dave and Cindy Gross, we had reason to see lots of things new to us.
We started off the week with a welcome party, celebrating our Grossest visitors yet.
We visited the Velveteria on Burnside, an awesome museum of velvet paintings.
We went to the beach on Tuesday. I was wearing my "Just Jew it" t-shirt, depicting a slamdunking rabbi when I was pulled over for speeding. I innocently offered that I had the car in neutral, hoping to woo the cop with my gas-efficient ways. Turns out, it is illegal to have a car in neutral. The total cost of the ticket WOULD have been over $400. Thankfully, astonished by our honesty, goodwill and unwavering good cheer, he let us go with a warning!
Wednesday, We went to the Japonese garden. On the way there, I got another flat tire at 30 mph on a hill. The gardens were cool. I ran by the Holocaust memorial on the way to a gellato date. Very moving.
Ran home in 100o heat, good training.
Met Quinn and Cindy at the Lucky lab. Had some great beers and pizza. Talked with a fascinating older guy about yoga, tantra and such. Reminded me of my dad.

No comments:
Post a Comment